Full name of legal entity: Emircom LLC,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 7th Floor, Late Mohamed Ali Nasser Al Nuwais Building, Al Zahiyah, P. O. Box 34895, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Telephone number: +97126934300
While you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UAE Data Office, the federal data regulator in the UAE, we kindly request that you first allow us the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. Please contact us initially, and we will endeavor to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
The following Privacy Statement explains who we are and the different ways in which we collect, use, and share personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement and the related statements in their entirety to ensure you are fully informed. Note that we may provide additional information about our privacy practices that are specific to one of our websites, events, products, or services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Our Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the Emircom websites that link to this Privacy Statement (our “Website”); and (ii) events hosted by Emircom or our business partners and sponsors where we collect information from attendees (“Events”).
SERVICES PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our Services Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices in connection with the use of our hosted software applications and related support services, as well as expert services, including professional services, trainings and certifications that we provide to customers. This Services Privacy Statement also describes our privacy practices with respect to customer and partner contact information we process in connection with the purchase and use of our products and services or services or technology provided by our partners to our customers.
APPLICANT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our Applicant Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices in connection with an individual’s application for employment at Emircom.
Emircom LLC, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Emircom,” “we,” or “us”) respects the privacy of its Website (as defined below) and Events (as defined below) registrants and attendees.
Emircom makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and products streamline and simplify how work gets done. Our solutions, and the custom solutions built by our customers and partners, help people do their best work. For more information about Emircom, please see the About Us section of our Website.
This Privacy Statement only covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the Emircom websites that link to this Privacy Statement (“Website”); and (ii) event registration or attendance information for events hosted by us or our business partners where we collect information from registrants and attendees (“Events”).
How We Obtain Information
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- When filling out forms on our Website (including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number).
- During your interaction with the Website, such as browsing, reading pages, or downloading information, we collect and retain specific details about your visit. The purpose of gathering this information is solely for statistical analysis. The data collected includes your IP address, geolocation to determine the country you are accessing the Website from, and any personal identifying information like name and contact details that you voluntarily provide. Additionally, we record the name of the top-level domain through which you access the internet, as well as the type of browser you use. Furthermore, we note the date and time of your site access, the specific pages you visit, and any documents you download (derivative data). We use derivative data to understand your needs and help you access the information in a better way.
- At times, we organize online customer surveys to gather valuable feedback from you. These surveys play a crucial role in our research efforts and serve as a means to enhance our services. Please note that participation in these surveys is entirely optional.
- When you post material to our Website, participate in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our Website, register, or request further information or services from us.
- When you register to use a demo or developer instance of our cloud service.
- When you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor.
- When you report a problem with our Website.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete our surveys.
- When you register for or attend an Event.
- Other information you may submit to us related to your use of our Website or attendance to an Event, including without limitation, billing information.
Information from third parties.
- From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the Website or attendance to an Event. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information for Events. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
- We may combine information we collect from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products, services and Events.
Information we collect as you navigate through the Website.
- As you navigate through the Website, we may also automatically collect details about your visits to the Website, including your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
- We also collect some of this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies. For detailed information, please see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain and improve Website.
- For security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law, including but not limited to, Federal Decree-Law No. 45 of 2021 regarding the Protection of Personal Data (PDPL).
- To register you for Events you sign up for with us and populate profiles for you in our records.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time, for analytics and advertising purposes.
- To communicate with you about Events.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences (for example, we may use your information to contact you to further discuss your interests in our services and products or other Events).
- By registering for Now Community, Now Learning, Now Creator, or other future sites within the Emircom ecosystem, Emircom will create a Now Profile on your behalf that will allow you to access any of the other listed sites using the same username and password for all sites. The personal information that may be collected during registration and/or use of any one of these sites that you choose to make public, may be visible to other users of the sites. In addition, your personal information may be used by the other sites for the purposes of enhancing your experience and improving the quality of our services.
- If you ask us to contact you about goods and services, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to contact you about such goods and services. You can withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails we send you. For more information, see the section on “Your Privacy Rights” below.
- Additional information about our privacy practices with respect to our collection and use of information from Events may be found in additional privacy statements on the registration sites for Events hosted by us.
How We Share Information Collected
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us to the following categories of recipients:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates who will use it only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- To our contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf. For clarity, Emircom does not share Event attendee data with business partners or sponsors unless you opt into such sharing via an Event registration form or you attend an Event hosted by Emircom and allow our business partners or sponsors to scan your attendee badge. If you do not wish for your information to be shared with our business partners or sponsors, you may choose not to opt in via the event registration forms and elect not to have your badge scanned by a partner at an Event. If subject to the respective business partner or sponsor’s privacy statement.
- When sharing personal data with third parties, we have strict requirements in place. We expect them to use or disclose personal data only as instructed by us and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Additionally, we establish contractual agreements with these parties to ensure they uphold the confidentiality of your personal data and maintain appropriate data security measures.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about you, you choose to share your information with business partners or sponsors, your information will be will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- We do not sell, rent, or trade information collected through the Website with third parties for their promotional purposes.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Data
In certain situations where we are legally required or contractually obligated to collect personal data from you, failing to provide the requested information may prevent us from fulfilling the contract we have or are attempting to establish with you. For instance, this could mean being unable to provide you with goods or services as intended. Should such a scenario arise, we may regrettably have to cancel a product or service associated with your account. However, we assure you that we will promptly inform you if such a circumstance occurs.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
International Transfer of Data
Emircom stores and processes any information collected in connection with the Website or an Event in: (i) any country where we have facilities, (ii) any country in which we engage service providers; or (iii) any country where Events are held. A list of Emircom’s global offices is available here.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will protect your personal information when it is transferred outside of the EEA by:
- Processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information; or
- Otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission.
If you require further information about our international transfers of personal information, please contact us using the contract details in the “Contact Information” section further below.
Security and Confidentiality
Emircom maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information obtained through the Website and in connection with Events from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Emircom personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected through our Websites or from Event attendees are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
Please note that the internet transmission of information is not entirely secure. While we make every effort to safeguard your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is done at your own risk. Nonetheless, we employ HTTPS to mitigate this risk. Once your information is received, we adhere to strict procedures and implement security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Retention and Erasure
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. You have the right to have your personal data removed. We will consider all erasure requests on a case by case basis. We will provide confirmation where personal data has been successfully erased. If for any reason we are unable to delete your personal data, we will notify you of our reasons and if necessary, the basis for refusing your request.
Your Privacy Rights
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an email at email@example.com. Event registrants and attendees may update their user profiles for Events we host by logging into the applicable event website or registration page.
Certain jurisdictions, for example the European Economic Area, provide their residents specific privacy rights under applicable law. We will process your requests to exercise such rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may send us an email at enquiry@Emircom.com or using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below.
If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may optout by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “optout” link in the marketing emails we send you. To optout of other forms of marketing (such as telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” section below.
In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you are unhappy about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here. We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity.
Do Not Track
While Emircom attempts to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a Visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that Emircom will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
Third Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by Emircom. As such, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third party site or by any third party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by customers, our business partners, and other third parties or third party applications or services, even if this information is collected using our Website or at Events.
Mobile Device Access and Data
To enhance our services, certain functionalities may necessitate the submission of supplementary documents like images for reporting incidents. For such services, we may seek your consent to access specific features on your mobile device, encompassing the camera, contacts, reminders, SMS messages, social media accounts, and more. Rest assured, you maintain complete control over the access permissions and can disable them at any time through your device’s settings.
With your permission, we have the capability to automatically access specific features on your mobile device and gather valuable information. This includes details such as the device type, operating system, device model, default language settings, location, and network provider.
Public Forums and Blogs
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information promptly.
To enhance your overall experience and provide timely updates, we may request permission to send you push notifications related to our services, your account, or application updates. These notifications aim to streamline your interaction with our services. You retain full control over these notifications and can easily disable them by adjusting the settings on your device.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Emircom reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice or other means (which may include, if we have your contact details, notification by email) and obtain your consent if and where required by applicable law. We ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “effective as of” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information or exercise any other rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.