The purpose of this position is to implement, maintain, and support an infrastructure for du Enterprise customers. The job holder will be part of a team responsible for implementing and maintaining a platform and ensures services are provided according to the agreed contract, SLA, and quality.
The job holder needs to be a Subject Matter Expert Microsoft SQL Server and good understanding in maintaining Oracle databases.
This position includes working with Enterprise customers in optimizing, and monitoring requirements to gain operational efficiencies to drive the organization to a highly customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- International Certifications (MCSA SQL Server, MCSE Data Management and Analytics)
- Installing and upgrading the database servers and tools
- Allocating system storage and capacity planning for future requirements for the database systems
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
- Modifying the database structures, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enrolling users and maintaining databases security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing/tuning the performance of the database instances
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of databases
- Maintaining archived data
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Generating various reports by querying databases as per need
- Documenting the configuration of databases
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Applying application/tools software updates, patches, and configuration changes on an ongoing basis.
Maintain and the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the all servers associated to Database Servers